[Tutorial stop-motion Forest Set] How To Moose: 04 Moving Forest [Tutorial stop-motion Forest Set] How To Moose: 04 Moving Forest

That was a very cool work.

I really liked how you worked to make out all details of the miniaturized forest, and the results are pretty realistic too.

MR_DemoReel MR_DemoReel

First suggestion: switch this movie category to Experimental, this will help you to get less "low scores" because Informative is actually fitted to tutorials and didactic videos more than showcases... we had the same problem on our Le Cronache [Pre-Alpha] trailer.

Overall yours is a good work but... about the models I would try to smooth them, too "squared" for my taste, and I may suggest you to work a bit more on the bones influence area (around knees and elbows will give also a wider/more natural bending radius)... then there's that glitch occurring to the girl's shirt texture, though I can't help you in that since we never used textures.

Hope this will help you through, and best of luck for your career in 3D CGi.

The Nine Lives of Claw Pilot The Nine Lives of Claw Pilot

Deeply remembers those toons from my childhood, and I'm sure to remember Claw as a Pirate Captain from a 1999 platform game... very neat animations and nice story.

Wild Fur Wild Fur

A good job, considering the deadlines too!

The machine remembers me from that cartoon, Ferngully...

HowardWimshurst responds:

Thanks dude! I never heard of Ferngully! Just looked it up and I can totally see what you mean haha. Interesting that lots of comparisons have also been made between Ferngully and James Cameron's Avatar. I was actually mostly inspired by a particular episode of Thunderbirds when it came to the machine. There was an early episode where this gigantic logging machine loses control and goes on a destructive path through Brazil. I always like my animations to be set in an interesting location, so I based it around that

I AM looking (MV) I AM looking (MV)

This is a good 3D... up to the standards, indeed.

It's very luminous, and that gives a strong "cartoon" feeling, and the meshes are neat (though the kid is quite off proportion, and I don't really "understand" the figures marching towards the end) but the animations still feels a bit stiff: some movements ends too abruptly.

The water reflection effect at the beginning is a masterwork, but the sharp line between water and earth draw the attention... music is great.

Overall a nice work,

Black-Crystal responds:

Thanks for the in-depth review :)

The figures marching scene is part of a dream/fantasy scenario that the boy has. It reflects the boy's imagination. The stiffness is on purpose :)

The water scene is inspired by a real pond especially the colors and the little leaves floating on top of it. I am glad that you like it.

You can listen more to her music but sadly she deleted her soundcloud.

The Autonomic Nervous System The Autonomic Nervous System

Reminds those '60 spots...

Crawler 2 Crawler 2

Well, apart our own, doesn't happen to see much other 3D animations around here...

The spider seems quite detailed, but the background really take backward in CGI evolution, and my main concern is the "humanoid": both the model and its animations are completely off the level, not counting the camera movements... you'll need some major work to get up to the standards, but looks neat as a starting point.

Good luck,

ENYO ENYO

Well, if this is your first (or second) official animation I feel you've a lot of potential.

If you ever want to "expand" your website with a link exchange section feel free to contact us too!

JayBezzy responds:

thaaaaaannnnkkkkssss :) i appreciate it man !

Happy Birthday Kay Happy Birthday Kay

Happy birthday to your friend!

Nice animation, though... colorful.

I,sheep I,sheep

Nice animation.
It was funny... and it got a message inside too.

See you around, and good luck!